Welcome to the Writing 150 Assignment and Portfolio Grading Management System.
This website will make your life and the life of your teacher much easier when it comes to handing in drafts during the semester and the Final Portfolio at the end of the semester.
What does the site do? It manages student drafts during the semester by providing space for students to upload their documents and share them with the teacher or the rest of the class. The teacher (or students) can email responses and attachments from the same site. Teachers can easily make their portfolio grading group an audience for this draft and thus share the draft for portfolio group norming practice during the semester. At the end of the term, the system provides a convenient way to manage the thousands of papers and portfolios that teachers must organize and respond to. It groups all the teacher's portfolios into groups depending on whether they need first, second, or third reads. It then displays--just for the teacher--the agreed upon grades for these portfolios.
To begin using the system:
- Create an account on this website—please use your first and last name with a space in between like this, John Smith (please include a photo image)
- Once you login to this website with your new account, navigate to the proper "group" or "Class Section"—see your section number and teacher name displayed as, for example, Section 01 (Lubic)—and click "subscribe to group" link that you see there. Just click on Class Sections in the main menu, find your section, and request to join.
- After you subscribe to the group, you are all set. You can create two kinds of content:
- a draft of one of your papers
- an end-of-term portfolio.